Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Schematics Of A Wall Furnace

Bike sharing in Turin - static analysis

Since last autumn in Washington in the second district are tentatively appeared some bicycles for a bike sharing service. Many speak of this mode of transport like what our cities will be able to lift the burden of mental distress caused the backwardness (and obesity) of those who decide not to raise their own ass (flaccid) from the seat of car by opting for more sustainable methods of transport. I think like all things bike-sharing also has its pros and cons, but all in all is a system with great potential to improve the quality of life. However, in this post I will give my personal opinion on the assembly of this bike and I will draw my conclusions.

the avoidance of doubt leave with what I liked and I leave the criticism last.

  • Brakes - 2 beautiful v-brake levers and aluminum calipers.
  • Transmission - Single speed with a good chain guard for no-mess, non-slip pedals with rubber inserts. Simple, effective and requires very little maintenance.
  • Front Large shopping basket.
  • picture frame without a top tube that easily climb into the saddle.
  • repairing Fenders generous splash even more annoying.

And now the painful note. Even more painful because some defects are present in the same places that I just praised.

  • Nowhere is it written that the front brake should be controlled by the left arm and back from the right, but usually it is on all the bikes, so what is the point that on this bike share has chosen to reverse the levers? This thing looks like a particularly cheap, but for example in the wet if one forgets that the slowdown is likely to end up reversed on the ground without much hesitation.
  • The crown measures 42 front teeth and the free wheel well 22 and moves around a wheel 26 ". We are facing a development worthy of metric a single speed mountain bike fit to face uphill on dirt roads, but not the paved area and almost completely flat in Turin. Just do not understand what sense to mount a confirmation report so short.
  • The saddle is attached to the frame with a nice quick release, but is locked in the media ... so people high or very low ones would face serious difficulties to ride on a deal like that. I understand that stuck with only a saddle quick release is easy prey for thieves and vandals, but it would be more practical to find some alternative system to allow for the adjustment, however, prevent theft.
  • The fork in the city is useless, especially if low quality: it weighs just. Much better than the spoked wheels with a high number of intersections.
  • Who had the idea of \u200b\u200bleaving a bike exposed to weather this was truly a genius: the unpainted parts were obviously rusty. The transmission is the first to suffer, but probably headset and wiring will suffer the same inevitable oxidation.
  • The service is open from 6 am until midnight ... But why? What is the point that if one wants to go out to drink a beer with the bike is forced to do hours of Cinderella?

Sorry to be so abrupt in the reviews, but a bike sharing system like this is just disgusting and I would not be surprised if no one not use it. The bikes are approximate and left to rot on the street. That's not how it is promoting cycling. I think that whoever had the bright idea to manage this service so poor are the same people who design bike lanes Turin who seems made to be injured. But surely the perpetrators of this massacre have not the slightest idea what it means to turn cycling into town, probably because the last time they saw a bike was in third grade.

If I can I'd try to take a ride in one of these means to test the service not only in terms of static.

0 comments:

Post a Comment